Kristin Horman, DDS
“I enjoy the relationships with my patients—getting to know them more personally,” says Dr. Horman, whose practice focuses on orthodontics. “I also enjoy the positive outcome and well-being that a patient experiences after treatment. Particularly with orthodontics, I enjoy seeing the change that occurs as the problems begin to resolve and the patient gets to experience better function and a beautiful smile.”
Dr. Horman strongly believes in a patient’s right to choose what they feel is the best treatment for their particular situation. “In order for them to make good decisions, they need to be educated about their options,” she says. “I do my very best to communicate to them the information they need to make the right decision. Ultimately it is their smile, and they should have the opportunity to decide what is best for them.
“Nothing gives me more pleasure than when a patient is happy with their teeth and is proud to flash a big smile! I am also very aware that a great deal of anxiety is associated with visiting the dentist. I truly care, and I strive to make each patient’s visit as pleasant and pain-free as I possibly can.”
In her spare time, Dr. Horman enjoys spending time with family and friends, traveling, and cooking. She supports charitable organizations in general but strongly believes in providing support to the charities and organizations that service the local community.
- DDS: University of Maryland School of Dentistry, Baltimore, MD
- BS: Biology, Andrews University, Berrien Springs, MI
- Member: American Dental Association, Maryland State Dental Association, Frederick County Dental Society
Carl S. Appleton, DDS
“It brings me satisfaction to know that I work in the field that treats the number one infectious disease in the U.S.—the disease that causes cavities,” says Dr. Appleton. “Accomplishing procedures successfully brings me daily satisfaction in my work.”
“My philosophy of care is to give each of my patients my undivided attention, listen to their concerns, and provide them with a plan that is customized for them to meet their individual goals. I take pride in providing my patients with comfort, security, and in some cases hope. Of course, I’m proud to give them a good-looking smile.”
Dr. Appleton enjoys being involved with his family, church, and community. In his spare time, he bikes, plays golf, and watches sports. He has also taught oral health to the Frederick County public schools for the past four years, sharing that “educating elementary students is a great joy of mine.”
- DDS: Loma Linda University School of Dentistry, Loma Linda, CA
- Member: Academy of General Dentistry, American Dental Association, Omicron Kappa Upsilon
Eric Cho, DDS
“As a dental provider, I feel that communication is vital to a successful doctor-patient relationship,” says Dr. Cho. “I realized very early on that patients really appreciated it when I took the time to explain why certain problems arose and the various ways we could try to fix them. In addition, I find it very beneficial to try to put myself in my patients’ shoes and always consider, Is this a treatment I would choose for myself?”
“I consider myself to be conservative when proposing treatment and continually strive to make appointments quicker and more painless. I am fun-loving and a positive thinker.”
In his spare time, Dr. Cho likes to try all types of food, play golf, and snowboard.
- General Practice Residency: Philadelphia VA Medical Center
- DDS: University of Maryland School of Dentistry, Baltimore, MD
- BS: University of Maryland, College Park, MD
- Member: American Dental Association, Chinese American Dental Association, Maryland State Dental Association, Psi Omega
Blake Bandeff, DMD
“I am very excited to return to my hometown to practice dentistry. Seeing familiar faces in the office and being able to give back to the community I grew up in really gives me a deeper appreciation for what I do.”
“I am grateful that I was awarded the opportunity to attend General Practice Residency at Morristown Hospital. While there I was able to explore all the specialty fields of dentistry. Through that experience I have found that the procedures I really enjoy are wisdom teeth extractions, implants and cosmetic dentistry cases.”
“Through my dental training I have learned and understood the importance of patient involvement. In order for a patient to feel confident in the treatment they receive they need to understand the options they have. Which is why I take the time to listen to their questions and concerns so I can develop the best course of treatment for each individual patient.”
In his spare time, Dr. Bandeff enjoys traveling with friends and seeing family. He also likes to play golf in the summer and snowboard during the winter months.
- DMD: University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine, Farmington, CT
- General Practice Residency: Morristown Medical Center, Morristown, NJ
- BS: Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
- Member: American Dental Association, Maryland State Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry
Saeed S. Tofigh, DDS
“I chose dentistry because I like helping people,” says Dr. Tofigh. The oral surgeon makes it clear that the patient is at the center of his every decision. “We tailor our treatment to the patient’s goals. This is not a cookie-cutter operation.”
Graduating at the top of his class from dental school, Dr. Tofigh practiced in Silver Spring for two years before embarking on a four residency of advanced training in anesthesiology, general surgery, trauma, hospital medicine, and plastic and reconstructive surgery. His practice focuses on wisdom teeth extraction, implants, jaw reconstruction, and bone grafting.
His wife and four young children occupy most of his time outside of work, but he still does get in some time for flying aircraft and for enjoying sports such as soccer, tennis, skiing, hiking, and swimming. The long-time Maryland resident also volunteers in the community through various healthcare organizations such as Mission of Mercy.
- Board-Certified: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, State of Maryland
- Fellow: American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Maryland State Dental Association
- Residency: Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, Illinois
- DDS: University of Maryland, Baltimore
- BS: University of Maryland, College Park (Physiology and Neurobiology)