Exceptional Dentistry in a Friendly Atmosphere
Robinwood Dental Center offers the most complete range of services available in Western Maryland. Come see us and discover how we can help create healthy and beautiful smiles for your whole family.Contact us to schedule an appointment
Or Call 240.313.9660
Robinwood Dental Coronavirus Policies
Your safety and the safety of our staff is of utmost importance to Robinwood Dental.
To insure this safety and to follow Governor Hogan’s mandate for the state of Maryland, we are requiring all patients and staff members who have traveled to the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Nebraska, South Carolina or Texas to be tested for COVID-19 upon returning and have a negative result or quarantine for 14 days after returning.
If your appointment is scheduled at a time when you cannot obtain a negative test result or be quarantined for 14 days after travel, please call our office at 240.313.9660 to reschedule your appointment.
Thank you for your help in keeping everyone safe and healthy!
Robinwood Dental continues to closely follow guidelines set by the American Dental Association and the State of Maryland in response to the pandemic. On May 6, 2020 Governor Hogan issued a directive which allowed patients to access routine and non-emergency dental services.
We are confident that we can provide for the health and safety of our patients and will begin to provide our full range of services on May 25, 2020. Here are the protocols we are following to protect every patient.
- With the implementation of new, strenuous infection control protocols—more time is needed for each appointment. As a result, options and availability for appointment times will be more restricted. We apologize in advance if we can’t be as accommodating of your appointment requests, but our first priority is making sure we have adequate time to treat our patients in a safe environment.
- Robinwood currently has a “virtual” waiting room. You call or text us from your car when you arrive in the parking lot. Please wait in your vehicle until we respond and notify you that you are clear to enter the office. Specific instructions for how to utilize the virtual waiting room will be provided at a time closer to your appointment.
- All of the RDC team members will be wearing masks, and we ask that you wear a mask as well. If you don’t have a mask, we will provide one.
- ONLY patients with an appointment will be allowed into the office, unless the patient is a minor child. If you choose to do so, ONE parent or guardian will be permitted to accompany a minor child to their appointment. NO SIBLINGS will be permitted.
- We take the temperatures of every patient (and staff member) to ensure that no one in the office is running a fever. Additionally, we will have a short coronavirus questionnaire that all patients, as well as our staff, need to complete. This questionnaire will be sent to you via text or email the day before your appointment. Please be prepared to answer the questions again immediately prior to your appointment.
- Prior to beginning any dental procedure, you will be asked to swish with a special mouth rinse. Studies show this can decrease potential viruses and bacteria in your mouth.
- Our treatment rooms are disinfected with hospital-grade disinfectants, which has always been our infection control standard.
- We will continue to sterilize all of our instruments in hospital-grade autoclaves, which use extreme heat and pressure to kill all viruses and bacteria.
- You may notice our staff, hygienists and dentists wearing more protective equipment than you may be used to. ALL staff will wear masks in the hallways and at the front desk. However, the clinical staff will also be wearing face shields and may even wear a N-95 respirator mask, depending on what procedure is being performed during your appointment.
- Plexiglass barriers are now present at the check-out areas. However, we will make every attempt to shorten the time spent at check-out by verifying insurance and updating your personal information over the phone prior to your appointment. Additionally, we will try to schedule future appointments and answer your questions in the operatory so that your time spent at the check-out desk will be as brief as possible.
- All common areas and frequently-touched surfaces will be wiped down with disinfectant regularly throughout the day. Items directly touched by patients – such as credit card machines—will be disinfected after each patient use.
We are very serious about protecting your health. You can trust that our staff will take every measure possible to provide for your safety and peace of mind.
Now with Two Locations to Serve You
Robinwood Dental Center
4310 Old National Pike
Middletown, MD 21769
T: 240.313.9660 F: 240.313.9661
Meet Our Dentists
Kristin Horman, DDS
“I enjoy the relationships with my patients—getting to know them more personally,” says Dr. Horman, whose practice focuses on orthodontics. “I also enjoy the positive outcome and well-being that a patient experiences after treatment. Particularly with orthodontics, I enjoy seeing the change that occurs as the problems begin to resolve and the patient gets to experience better function and a beautiful smile.” MORE
Niraj P. Patel, DDS
“I find dentistry to be a very challenging and rewarding profession,” says Dr. Patel. “Growing up, I witnessed how poor oral health affected my grandmother, and I wanted to help prevent others from enduring the same hardships. I enjoy being able to make significant improvements in people’s lives by restoring their self-confidence, self-image, and ability to eat and speak properly." MORE
Eric Cho, DDS
“As a dental provider, I feel that communication is vital to a successful doctor-patient relationship,” says Dr. Cho. “I realized very early on that patients really appreciated it when I took the time to explain why certain problems arose and the various ways we could try to fix them. In addition, I find it very beneficial to try to put myself in my patients’ shoes and always consider, Is this a treatment I would choose for myself?" MORE
Ryan Williams, DDS
"I chose dentistry because it combines several areas that I enjoy,” says Dr. Williams. “I like doing intricate work with my hands. I enjoy spending time with patients, discovering their priorities for care, educating them on the treatment options that are available to reach their goals, and then following through with the treatment plan. My goal is to treat every patient with gentleness and respect—just as I would want to be treated." MORE
Saeed S. Tofigh, DDS
“I chose dentistry because I like helping people,” says Dr. Tofigh. The oral surgeon makes it clear that the patient is at the center of his every decision. “We tailor our treatment to the patient’s goals. This is not a cookie-cutter operation.” Graduating at the top of his class from dental school, Dr. Tofigh practiced in Silver Spring for two years before embarking on a four residency of advanced training in anesthesiology, general surgery, trauma, hospital medicine, and plastic and reconstructive surgery. His practice focuses on wisdom teeth extraction, implants, jaw reconstruction, and bone grafting. His wife and four young...Read More » MORE
Fred L. Rudman, DDS
"Dentistry affords me the opportunity to directly improve the quality of my patients' lives. Here at Robinwood, I am so happy to be a part of a team that continually strives to provide the highest level of personal and professional service in a caring and gentle manner. I love that my carreer allows me to be a diagnostician. Much like a detective, I follow clues to determine the source of my patients' discomfort." MORE
Harold E. Butler, DDS, MHA
“I went into dentistry because I enjoy the combination of art and science, the variety and challenge, and making people happy,” says Dr. Butler. “I am casual, straightforward, and open with patients. I try to give them enough information to make good decisions about their dental health. Most of all, I care about what is best for the patient. It keeps my head out of the clouds and my feet on the ground.” MORE
View these “before” and “after” photos and see the difference we’ve made for our patients.Click to View
She’s Wearing Braces?
Straighten your teeth without metal! Clear Invisalign® technology is a discreet way to improve your smile. Did you ever say to yourself, “Am I a candidate for Invisalign?” The answer is probably “Yes.”